Oroville High School is an above average, public school located in Oroville, CA. It has 962 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Oroville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+216 Students
- C+174 Students
- A129 Students
- A+93 Students
- B84 Students
- A+75 Students
- A-51 Students
- B-42 Students
- A-40 Students
- A-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Oroville High School
- B-Las Plumas High School
- Oroville Union High School District, CA
- 169 reviews
- C+Biggs High School
- Biggs Unified School District, CA
- 25 reviews
- BGridley High School
- Gridley Unified School District, CA
- 78 reviews
- BDurham High School
- Durham Unified School District, CA
- 51 reviews
Oroville High School Reviews
Oroville High School is a very good school, although Oroville High School is in a very small town. Many people often think that more educated students come from schools in a bigger town but I disagree. Oroville High School is a very good school because the teachers and staff there will do their best for students there. For example, stay after school and tutor or stay in class during lunch and help students who need extra help. Oroville High School also have this thing called “consultation.” Consultation is 30 minute long and it give students time to go to classes that they need to make up work in. Also this is optional. If you don’t need to make up anything you get an extra 30 minutes of lunch.
My experience at Oroville High School was great but there are some things that can be changed at the high school. I love the clubs that exists at the high school because all the clubs are very active in the participation of the members of the clubs. The facilities of the school are not very good in condition for instance the water fountains at the school is moldy and they don't work at all; Also the bathrooms are in the same conditions of the water fountains. The high school overall is great considering the teachers and clubs but physically, it's not.
The school was amazing. Being at Oroville High School gave me the greatest experiences of my life. Teachers put me out of my comfort zones and taught me how to express myself in many ways possible, gave me the courage to come out of my shell, and prepared me for a brighter future. The staff cared for us and our futures and made sure that we had the best treatment there possible. I couldn’t see any other surrounding schools being as amazing as Oroville High School was.