Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Orono Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Long Lake, MN. It has 956 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Orono Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A171 Students
- A+134 Students
- A96 Students
- A60 Students
- A42 Students
- A+37 Students
- A37 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Orono Senior High School
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 366 reviews
- AChanhassen High School
- Eastern Carver County Public Schools, MN
- 289 reviews
- AMound Westonka High School
- Westonka Public School District, MN
- 71 reviews
- A+Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Public School District, MN
- 425 reviews
Orono Senior High School Reviews
Orono High School is a place where students have the tools and opportunities to set up for their future success. The teachers and staff are very friendly and dedicated to helping their students learn and prepare for life after High School. Not only are academics a strong aspect of this community, but there are also endless ways to be involved on campus. Numerous programs are available for students to contribute to service-learning and volunteering. In addition to this, athletics is also a fun way to be involved. Orono sports teams are very strong across the baord and fun to cheer on!
Orono High School is a great school to attend, if you are interested in things more academic or sports related. We have the activities center right next door, and the school is very academic based. But if you love the arts and want to purse something pertaining them maybe think twice about going here. there are not many art classes, and a lot of the classes such as graphic design and communications are outdated. The theatre is small and run down and unsafe and the administration doesn't care enough about the drama kids to fix it. So if you are into sports, or are an intellectual Orono High School is the place for you! You will get nurtured and it will give you all you need to grow and thrive and succeed... but if you're in the arts things are going to always be a little bit broken, and a lot less cared about.
At Orono High School, I enjoyed how the teachers would work very closely with students throughout the years to ensure that the student was getting the best education possible. There was a lot of built in free time during the day for students to go talk to teachers if they are struggling in an area. All the students at the school are kind and are willing to help each other out to see each other excel!