Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Orleans Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Orleans, IN. It has 375 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A44 Students
- C+43 Students
- B26 Students
- A+24 Students
- B23 Students
- B21 Students
- C-21 Students
- NG16 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Orleans Junior/Senior High School
- C+West Washington Junior/Senior High School
- West Washington School Corporation, IN
- 52 reviews
- C+Paoli Junior/Senior High School
- Paoli Community School Corporation, IN
- 72 reviews
- B-Shoals Community Junior/Senior High School
- Shoals Community School Corporation, IN
- 1 review
- B-Springs Valley Community High School
- Springs Valley Community School Corporation, IN
- 13 reviews
Orleans Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Orleans is a very small school. Since we are such a small school, it is easier to get a chance to know everyone in the school. The advantage of going to Orleans is that people help out others, especially when it is needed the most. The teachers make you want to come back to school. Not many students from other schools can say that they look forward to seeing their teachers every day. The main reason I enjoy school is the helpful and caring staff. The teachers here are determined to help you achieve your goals inside and outside of school. In my opinion, Orleans is the best school in the district.
My experience at Orleans Jr.-Sr. High School has been fairly nice; however, my eighth-grade year was not the best experience. The math teacher, whose last name was "Sanders," had a tendency not to enjoy answering questions her students were needing to ask. This caused quite a struggle for me, as my nature was to ask as many questions about a given topic as was possible.
My experience with Orleans Jr Sr High School has overall been pretty amusing. Orleans is a distinct school compared to some of the schools around us. We focus more on academics than anything. Having a school that has such a strong love for academics is one thing I love the most about Orleans. If I could change one thing about Orleans it would be the diversity. Diversity is one thing that Orleans does not know how to handle, just because we have never had a very diverse school at all. Between the high school and the elementary school there is only one African American person, who would be my sister. It is sad to see how we have no diversity at all. We can not force this community to become more diverse but hopefully somewhere in the near future Orleans will be more diverse. Overall though, I would not change anything about Orleans. There is some nit-picky things that may bother me but overall I attend a good school with good sports and good academics.