Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Oriskany Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Oriskany, NY. It has 293 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Oriskany Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+17 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-11 Students
- A11 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+7 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
- B6 Students
- A-5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Oriskany Junior/Senior High School
- B-Waterville Junior/Senior High School
- Waterville Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
- BWestmoreland High School
- Westmoreland Central School District, NY
- 45 reviews
- BSauquoit Valley High School
- Sauquoit Valley Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- BVernon-Verona-Sherrill Senior High School
- Sherrill City School District, NY
- 142 reviews
Oriskany Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Oriskany High School is a small town school, with a small community. Class sizes are small, allowing students to easily get help with their classes if they need it. The teachers are all enthusiastic about what they teach, and seem like they really love their jobs.
Oriskany provides a unique high school experience. A small town provides a family like atmosphere. Everyone knows everyone, and students build connections with students and their teachers.
Overall this school has helped me with anything I could possibly need with preparing for the future. Throughout the five years of middle/high school they spent a great amount of time focusing on education and making sure all students do well and receive some sort of help if they are struggling. This school helped me decide who I wanted to become as a person, what college I want to go to, and explained the steps of applying to college/reaching all life goals. My favorite experiences would be all home sporting events and the dances hosted by either the grades or certain clubs. The school is unique because it is very small creating a large sense of community comfort and due to smaller class sizes we are able to participate in more things such as educational field trips, getting bikes for gym class to ride around the block, and allowing the seniors to go on a senior trip in a place of their choice. Due to all of these things I would choose to do this all over again if I could.