Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Orion High School is an above average, public school located in Orion, IL. It has 353 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Orion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+53 Students
- B41 Students
- A39 Students
- B37 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-25 Students
- A-24 Students
- A22 Students
- A+20 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Orion High School
- BAlwood Middle/High School
- Alwood Community Unit School District No. 225, IL
- 26 reviews
- A-Geneseo High School
- Geneseo Community Unit School District No. 228, IL
- 125 reviews
- C+Sherrard High School
- Sherrard Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 129 reviews
- B-Cambridge Junior/Senior High School
- Cambridge Community Unit School District No. 227, IL
- 7 reviews
Orion High School Reviews
Overall the experiences I have had at Orion have been very good. I came in as a 6th grader to the district and I instantly felt welcome into the school atmosphere, due to the nice teachers and the very friendly students who surrounded me. I would like to see a program designed to help tutor students, using the other students because I feel it can be very beneficial for a student to learn from their peers and it also helps the student teaching because they can really expand their understanding when discovering ways to help others understand.
I have loved this school. I have lived in this district since my Kindergarten year. The teachers will care for you and make sure you are understanding the lessons. Over the past years, Orion High School has grown majorly in academics. The school is now one of the highest ranked for academics in the area. There is very little diversity. There are many clubs and activities to do. You can even get new clubs approved whenever you want! The administration is very involved in student life and knows everyone by name.The sports have gotten better and better each year and have gone to state many times. Overall, it is an amazing school and I would really recommend attending.
My high school was small, so I knew everyone I went to school with. Some of my best years were spent at this high school. I was very involved with sports and cheerleading. I loved being at our football/basketball games because the environment was so upbeat. I had many good teachers, especially in the science and math department. They helped make my high school experience a little better.