Orestimba High School is an above average, public school located in Newman, CA. It has 840 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Orestimba High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B121 Students
- A74 Students
- C-69 Students
- B65 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+60 Students
- B+57 Students
- B57 Students
- B-57 Students
- A-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Orestimba High School
- B-Gustine High School
- Gustine Unified School District, CA
- 83 reviews
- B-Livingston High School
- Merced Union High School District, CA
- 244 reviews
- B-Patterson High School
- Patterson Joint Unified School District, CA
- 265 reviews
- B-Hilmar High School
- Hilmar Unified School District, CA
- 98 reviews
Orestimba High School Reviews
I never had a problem with students, everyone was nice and accepting of each other. There weren’t many club options which kinda sucked. The teachers varied, some really great English teachers! The principal and most office ladies are nice and helpful. The counselors are also very helpful, when they are available(which is not often). Some teachers have some weird bathroom rules and the schools dress code is strict and enforced with great effort. It’s a great school though and i’m proud to say I graduated from Orestimba High.
I am currently a senior at Orestimba High School, since this is my last year there has been a lot of things such as hard work and determination throughout my years here at Orestimba. My favorite things about this school is the teachers and the counselors because whenever I need help or have a question both are always there for me and help me thrive and make sure I get the help I need in all circumstances. Many students will say the opposite but if you really want the help and connection with teachers you have to reach for it not wait until last minute!
During my time in Orestimba, I have always felt very comfortable with the learning environment because of how teachers are always available and give us all the attention we need. If I or a classmate of mine seeks help, we will always receive it without delay. Two things I would say needs improvement is the clubs available on campus as well as the math department. I feel that there is a great variety of club options, however I have never heard any announcement or news of a club ever accomplishing anything. As for the math department, test scores show that students' math scores need to improve as a school, so a change in curriculum or teaching should be done.