Oregon City Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-240 Students
- B152 Students
- A147 Students
- B-141 Students
- B-70 Students
- A-66 Students
- B+57 Students
- A+45 Students
- B41 Students
- B+39 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Oregon City Senior High School
- A-Cleveland High School
- Portland Public Schools, OR
- 281 reviews
- A-Wilson High School
- Portland Public Schools, OR
- 153 reviews
- B+Gladstone High School
- Gladstone School District, OR
- 82 reviews
- A-Clackamas High School
- North Clackamas School District, OR
- 356 reviews
Oregon City Senior High School Reviews
Review Oregon City Senior High School
Life at OCHS is difficult to describe. On the one hand, my high school experience was not as bad as movies would suggest. There are many snooty students, but every time someone visits my school, they remark about how nice everyone is. People also love the modern architectural design of OCHS. The school was built recently, and is far newer than most other schools in the area. Everything is so grey, so dim, though. It's kind of depressing. My main problem is that I tried to get into extracurriculars during my junior year. I signed up for many clubs, but somehow never received anything about them later. It seems that the student council has a monopoly over most school activities, and therefore get first dibs. So for someone with no extracurriculars, it is definitely very difficult to get into these events. I'm not sure if I would go here again. It's a decent school, but the teachers are usually difficult to deal with, and I'm not sure how it stacks up against other schools. Actually, if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't. I'm glad it's over!
Teachers at Oregon City High School often do not care about their students in the way that students need. Personally, I can count on one hand (or half a hand, really) the teachers that I really cherished; the ones that really helped me succeed in my learning. And on the other hand, and both of my feet, and a big board full of tallies, I can count the amount of teachers that I absolutely detested. And for so many reasons! Unbelievably bad teaching methods, inability (or unwillingness) to connect with students, explosive tantrums, inconsistent grading, and inability to effectively communicate a simple concept. So many of my teachers would let the class get out of control and then blow up at us, multiple times in a class period. I usually leave my classes thinking,"Man, I could have taught that better, even if I were having an off day, or if I were on fire."
I love all the opportunities for college credit, and the teachers who teach the higher level classes really get to know their students and will be their to support them when needed. The rest of the school sucks. Too large of classes, crowded shoulder to shoulder hallways, and they kick students out who aren't meeting the school's academic standards before trying to help them. Seems to always be on the news for something, whether it's drugs, fights, accidents, teachers inappropriate contact with teachers, gay rights and cops are constantly there!