Orchard Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Orchard Park, NY. It has 1,520 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Orchard Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-171 Students
- B74 Students
- A61 Students
- A-59 Students
- C+59 Students
- B-58 Students
- A+54 Students
- B53 Students
- C+49 Students
- A-46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 78 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Orchard Park High School
- A-Hamburg High School
- Hamburg Central School District, NY
- 196 reviews
- AClarence Senior High School
- Clarence Central School District, NY
- 252 reviews
- ALancaster High School
- Lancaster Central School District, NY
- 271 reviews
- AEast Aurora High School
- East Aurora Union Free School District, NY
- 113 reviews
Orchard Park High School Reviews
Overall, a strong academic school! The English department, along with the Foreign Language department definitely stand out from the others! I would say the Math department is the one that struggles, the most. OPHS is by far one of the best public high schools in Western New York.!
I completely enjoyed my high school experience as a Quaker! I was in many clubs and a sport. SAD,bowling, and student government. I would highly recommend this school district and escecially the High School to any family looking to move.
The safety rating is an absolute joke. Our most recent incident included being exposed to SEWER GAS for an extended period of time without evactuation. Not to mention past offenses such as the lack of air conditioning in the summer causing me and many others to pass out or feel faint, and filling the pool with unsafe levels of chlorine to the point where the water is sometimes slightly cloudy and it is hard to breathe in the pool room as a person with respiratory issues. Student safety is hardly a concern for OPHS.