Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Orangefield High School is a public school located in Orangefield, TX. It has 543 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Orangefield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-106 Students
- B-48 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+39 Students
- B+38 Students
- B-37 Students
- A+35 Students
- B27 Students
- A25 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Orangefield High School
- C+Deweyville High School
- Deweyville Independent School District, TX
- 22 reviews
- B+Bridge City High School
- Bridge City Independent School District, TX
- 127 reviews
- B-Vidor High School
- Vidor Independent School District, TX
- 114 reviews
- BLittle Cypress-Mauriceville (LCM) High School
- Little Cypress-Mauriceville Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 50 reviews
Orangefield High School Reviews
The academic programs are fine. They aren't too hard and I've learned a lot over the years. On the other hand, the athletic program, at least for the girls, could be improved. When it comes to the girls athletic program, girls have worse equipment than the boys. Not only do us girls get less effective equipment, the coaches are also very discouraging and pick and choose who to be kind to. If a player doesn't phenomenally stand out to the coaches, they ignore the player as a whole and allow them to be bullied by the favorites of the team. I personally could say that my mental health was intensely negatively effected by the situation I was in on my team. I believe the athletic program as a whole could use a serious revamp in equipment and especially coaches that choose to encourage and build confidence rather than discourage players.
My experience at Orangefield High School was amazing. The whole environment of the school was always positive. Every member of the school, students and staff, are always there for anyone who needs some help. The teachers would never have a problem going out of their way if a student needed assistance. The administration was always there to fix a problem if one was reported by a student. Bullying at Orangefield has never been tolerated, by the staff nor by peer students. We are a small school that does not have an abundance money, therefore we do not have too many nice things. The administration always makes sure we have all that we need for the students to get the education and high school experience that is going to be needed. Orangefield High School has made my high school experience one that I will never forget.
My experience with Orangefield has been very good. There is always someone to help you with whatever problem you have. The administration genuinely cares about the students and their future opportunities. As a senior, that is even more important because I can ask questions about scholarships and college very easily.