Orange High School is a top rated, public school located in Pepper Pike, OH. It has 712 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Orange High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+146 Students
- A72 Students
- A-68 Students
- B56 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-50 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+34 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Orange High School
- A+Solon High School
- Solon City School District, OH
- 368 reviews
- A+Beachwood High School
- Beachwood City School District, OH
- 94 reviews
- A+Hudson High School
- Hudson City School District, OH
- 262 reviews
- A+Shaker Heights High School
- Shaker Heights City School District, OH
- 301 reviews
Orange High School Reviews
I liked my years at OHS. I was very active in extracurricular activities. I was a Lionette (the drill and dance team), in French Club, a member of the Orange Thespians and Orange Arts Seminar, and Stage Crew. I found a true love for the sciences, especially Biology. In 10th grade, my biology teacher let me stay after school and do extra dissections. She made a real impact on my life and academic career. I think my decision to go into medicine has to do a lot with her.
I would like the see the sports changed. Recently, the girls basketball team just made school history and there was barely any coverage on this fact. I think that the school needs to step up their coverage of women's sports.
It started out well when I first came here but the atmosphere quickly changed in my later years. They started instituting new rules that ruined the high school experience because they started having safety issues they couldn't combat any other way. However, the school district is very wealthy and provides students with great options they can't get elsewhere.