Orange High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A111 Students
- A+95 Students
- B+84 Students
- B+57 Students
- A-51 Students
- B+50 Students
- B+49 Students
- B-35 Students
- A+33 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Orange High School Reviews
Review Orange High School
The academics at Orange High School can be very challenging, especially with high lever courses such as Advanced Placement, but they can also be very rewarding. The teachers at OHS are very good at communicating effectively with students and helping AP students to achieve their goals for their AP exams. Many teachers are also known to hold free SAT/ACT tutoring sessions in their subject area for students during PLUS lunch. The scheduling process has became much easier since my freshman year, now every student can sign up for classes with the help of their parents on their computer. If there are any questions, a meeting with their guidance counselor can be requested but the process if fairly simple and time efficient.
Overall, I have really enjoyed my experience at Orange High School. I enjoyed the clubs that I chose to participate in, as well as the extracurricular activities such as AG Day (a one day fair that the Agriculture Program at OHS ran) and the sporting events. The athletics program at Orange High School is very good, and each sport offers good coaching and an enjoyable team experience. I would choose this school again if I could repeat my high school career because I was able to find my group that I liked while still participating in many school led activities, such as sports and clubs.
About half of each grade level at Orange High School is very involved in school activities. There can be a lot of peer pressure among the students, especially regarding skipping class or helping each other on class/homework assignments. For some social groups, there is a lot of competitiveness and these groups are generally the ones in the top of the class and they are very focused and competitive amongst each other. Overall, the students of Orange High School are very accepting of one another.