Orange Grove High School is an above average, public school located in Orange Grove, TX. It has 542 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B76 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+51 Students
- B+48 Students
- A-38 Students
- A32 Students
- B29 Students
- B-23 Students
- C-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Orange Grove High School
- B+Banquete High School
- Banquete Independent School District, TX
- 69 reviews
- B-Agua Dulce High School
- Agua Dulce Independent School District, TX
- 13 reviews
- C-Mathis High School
- Mathis Independent School District, TX
- 190 reviews
- C-Alice High School
- Alice Independent School District, TX
- 114 reviews
Orange Grove High School Reviews
It's a school where you can really explore yourself by joining different organizations & classes! The teachers are always so eager to help you with any issue you have, and are determined for you to be academically successful. We have a great sports program that allows you to see which sport best fits you! I'm apart of the Student Athletic Training program, FCA, FFA, FCCLA, and Track and Field. There's a great amount of diversity with different people and personalities, so anyone can make friends here! It's a small town, so we're all a family and it's honestly been such an amazing experience being taught here.
There are some good and bad things about this high school. The pros: the kids are mostly good, there are some really appreciated teachers and staff (especially the band directors and the principal), and the classes are improving each year. The cons: the number of students in the school is increasing, while the teachers are decreasing, so there are some huge classes that don't need to be that large, there is also some teachers that are not the greatest that ruin the expectations for everyone else, and most of the clubs in the school do nothing. As a student in this school, I understand that things could be improved drastically if only the budget were larger, but paying teachers to sit there and not teach? That's not a good use of the budget. This high school is about average for everything else; same thing you see in every school, too much effort and money into the athletics program when you could be spending money on other things, such as academics.
Overall, my experience at Orange Grove High School was average. As far as resources are concerned, I can't really complain; we had computers readily available and were never lacking study materials. However, there was always an emphasis placed on standardized test scores, rather than the education of the student. It seemed like the school was only really concerned with the way you represented them, not how much YOU actually benefited from attending the school. That being said, I had several teachers who genuinely wanted to see their students succeed. Orange Grove has an excellent English department. I just wish such excellence was mirrored in their Math and Science departments.