Orange County School of the Arts is an elite, public, charter, magnet school located in Santa Ana, CA. It has 1,922 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 29 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Orange County School of the Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+273 Students
- A+221 Students
- A+187 Students
- A165 Students
- A+161 Students
- A-137 Students
- A130 Students
- A+127 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+118 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 144 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
Schools like Orange County School of the Arts
- A+Huntington Beach High School
- Huntington Beach Union High School District, CA
- 408 reviews
- A+Valencia High School
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District, CA
- 358 reviews
- A+Diamond Bar High School
- Walnut Valley Unified School District, CA
- 651 reviews
- B-Nova Academy
- Santa Ana Unified School District, CA
- 145 reviews
Orange County School of the Arts Reviews
I loved that the motto for the school was that everyone was free to express themselves through every ounce of their being - as unique as each of us are. There was no real "status quo". It was an incredible experience that I wish I would have appreciated more while I attended the school, because it is true, "once it's gone, you can never get it back"! The only thing I wish to see different in the environment at Orange County School of the Arts is it's awareness of "cliques". Due to the competitive atmosphere of the school, many kids turned to different groups of friends that shared their same love and talent. Though this is harmless, the trouble comes when these teenagers target those that are different from them and the cliques tend to treat other kids as exiles and rejects. Though the words I am using are a bit harsh, those feelings were very much true for me during my time I attended OCSA.
I love my school, named the Orange County School of the Arts. The students are very kind and everyone has so much talent. Every single person works hard to get where they are and are very dedicated to their academics and art. The teachers/staff are very devoted to the students and help them become the best they can be. Everyone is very supportive at this school and the resources and facilities provided are amazing! I love going to this school everyday. My school could improve in developing their clubs more but I believe overall this is an amazing school that pushes its students to do well.
Orange County School of the Arts is a rigorous school with an outstanding student body and passionate teachers. Students at OCSA want to be there! Though academics are challenging, OCSA lacks the catty competitiveness of many public schools. Join the OCSA family for a supportive and engaging educational community.