Orange County School of the Arts is a top rated, public, charter, magnet school located in Santa Ana, CA. It has 2,166 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 29 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Orange County School of the Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+428 Students
- A+350 Students
- A+294 Students
- A292 Students
- A231 Students
- A+230 Students
- A200 Students
- A-192 Students
- A+186 Students
- A+172 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.52 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.52 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 209 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.75 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.87 responses
Schools like Orange County School of the Arts
- AHuntington Beach High School
- Huntington Beach Union High School District, CA
- 461 reviews
- A+Valencia High School
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District, CA
- 415 reviews
- A+Diamond Bar High School
- Walnut Valley Unified School District, CA
- 741 reviews
- BNova Academy
- Santa Ana Unified School District, CA
- 159 reviews
Orange County School of the Arts Reviews
My decision going to OCSA ended up being the best decision of my life. I am in the classical voice conservatory and have gotten so many opportunities here. I have won many vocal competitions, gotten to do master classes with famous opera stars like Suzanna Guzman, and have strengthened my music theory skills. I also get to work with kids that have the same passion and dedication that I do. This school has many different people that have different beliefs and cultures. OCSA has always dedicated a week or a day to each of these things. We have gay pride day every year, we have culture week, and even halloween is a blast with everyone in their over the top costumes! I have been lucky enough to have the best of both worlds, opera and musical theatre. I am also taking a dance class as part of my academic school day at OCSA. The dance teachers are phenomenal. some of them have even made it in the professional world. My dance training has definitely improved since I have been at OCSA.
Overall Orange County School of the Arts has been a very interesting experience and even though some staff members there are not the best, just like every school, OCSA has provided skills that I wouldn't be able to get at other high schools. From OCSA being different, the students at OCSA are interesting and have a lot of expression just by just the way they dress! We have our own style, as some would say. Overall a good school
Everyone here's been really great so far! I'm 3/4 of the way through the school year and couldn't be better. The homework loads can get pretty demanding if you're juggling one of the buisier conservatories like acting or classical voice, but the teachers are always understanding. Despite the school not being in the best part of town, the security is amazing and I feel totally safe. As a district transfer I can't say anything about the college readiness for the middle schoolers, but in high school there's a lot. Students have a great deal of control over their schedules, as well as the option of a conservatory that might match specific interests. Ocsa doesn't push clubs as much as other schools. You already have conservatories, so for district transfers like me it can be hard making new friends when everyone's already found theirs during middle school. However, everyone's super nice and welcoming.