Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Orange County High School is a public school located in Orange, VA. It has 1,499 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Orange County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+233 Students
- A232 Students
- B+213 Students
- B+206 Students
- B139 Students
- A+136 Students
- B131 Students
- C+130 Students
- B-98 Students
- A+97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Orange County High School Reviews
Orange County High School has prepared me for college in so many different ways. The relationships you have with your teachers, lasts for a lifetime! Teachers I had a few years ago are still willing to help me achieve my goals wether it is writing me a recommendation letter for an internship, or allowing me to put them as a reference for a job application. The school provides you with classes ranging in many different career fields, and even offers dual enrollment classes that will give you the opportunity to earn college credits. I am forever so grateful for the school, the teachers and the experiences I had at Orange County High School. I will forever be a hornet! We are OC!
I have had an unforgetable journey through my high school years at OCHS. Entering freshman year I was a bit intimidated by the idea of going into a new school, but was quickly greeted by amazing students and staff who made me feel welcomed. I quickly made friends and felt included by joining sports like colorguard, where we moralized the importance of teamwork and cooperation. The OCHS school system always focuses on improving teaching tactics as well as improvements around the school. The only improvement I wish they would have made was increasing the diversity of the classes available to students. For example, before entering high school I heard of a culinary class offered at the school, but was removed. These hands-on electives greatly help students improve in real life tasks such as cooking and should be included.
Orange High School has sufficiently provided me with opportunities to further my education. However, I think that the administration could do a better job of being involved in the day to day activities and funding could be redirected to support more teams and improving facilities function. The teachers are always involved with their students and take time to form an almost personal relationship with each of them. I feel the counseling department could do a better job at managing students' schedules to make them more flexible and fit their needs and wants, however, I believe they do a decent job at ensuring students understand the opportunities available to them.