Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Oran High School is an above average, public school located in Oran, MO. It has 176 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Oran High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-65 Students
- B36 Students
- A-25 Students
- C21 Students
- A17 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- B+10 Students
- C9 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Oran High School
- B-Thomas W. Kelly High School
- Scott County R-IV School District, MO
- 41 reviews
- BSikeston Senior High School
- Sikeston R-VI School District, MO
- 111 reviews
- C+Advance High School
- Advance R-IV School District, MO
- 22 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Cape Girardeau School District, MO
- 113 reviews
Oran High School Reviews
Oran High School was an average high school. Most of the teachers were great along with the rest of the staff. They really tried to help prepare students for college and the real world, but they need to improve on it. Teachers there were really helpful most of the time, you had those few who really did not seem to care that much but overall the staff wanted to help as much as they could. The school was very heavily involved with extracurricular activities, as in almost all of the students were involved in either one sport or one club within the high school. The school was very highly thought of when it came to academics and with athletics. Teachers were always there to help student athletes if they fell behind or they were not doing so well. They always were encouraging to the students and were willing to help them before or after school when it came to academics.
I loved going to Oran High, I loved how small it was and how you knew every person that walked the halls from kindergarten to seniors. It was a great experience on sport teams as well. Everyone got the chance to play and you weren’t just there to sit the bench.
I love that the family atmosphere and the love that the teachers provide. The one thing I would change is that I wish there would be more life skill classes to help me prepare for my future.