Oquirrh Hills Middle School Reviews

Oquirrh hills middle is a great school. The staff is friendly and there is a lot of diversity. The food could be better, and the school is only fairly clean but all in all it's a good place to be.
Oquirrh Hills MIddle School is an incredible school, because it has a great staff, and they offer ALPS. The only negative thing is that the school is very small, and not super aesthetically pleasing.
Schools are never perfect, but my children have enjoyed their experience at OHMS. The administration is welcoming and friendly. The majority of the teachers are excellent have gone out of their way to help and support my kids. The school has lots of ways for students to get involved.
Start Your Review of Oquirrh Hills Middle School
I had a very great experience at this school. All of the faculty and staff are amazing there! I truly believe they genuinely cared about the students.
Our administration at OHMS is mostly good, with a lot of policies in place to help students, but they are not always great and following through with these policies or with applying them evenly across the student body. It seems that the administration identifies "trouble" students at the beginning of the year and applies the rules more harshly to these students. This is fine for those of us that follow the rules most of the time, but it can be frustrating to the students who feel that they are being picked on.
Our school houses the ALPS, or Advanced Learner's Placement, Program, so it has a lot more academic options available to students than most other schools in our area. This program is actually why I attended the school, and so far I've been happy with it.
The food is as good as any lunch food can be expected to be. Let's put it this way, it's one of the better school cafeterias that I've eaten at, but if it were a restaurant, it wouldn't be getting much business. Or any, actually.
As a ninth grader that is graduating from Oquirrh Hills in a couple of weeks, I can confidently say that it is worth it to attend this school. The students are friendly and motivated, the teachers are helpful and understanding, and the overall environment in overwhelmingly positive.
Oquirrh Hill's building is pretty old, and it doensn't have air conditioning or a lot of new things in it. They are remodeling it this summer, so I guess that's good, but I wish they would have done it earlier.
Our school is only a middle school, so we don't really have many sports. We have boys and girls basketball teams, and I guess they're okay. However, I wish our school had more options than just basketball.
The teachers at Oquirrh are all pretty good, with a few exceptions. Some are very inconsistent in their grading practices. For the most part, the teachers are okay.
My school isn't very diverse, racially. However, most of the students are well accepted and there is limited peer pressure as far as I can tell.
I think that our school's organizations and clubs are very prominent. Students can choose to be part of Stage Crew, SBO, SOAR, PTSA, MESA, and a variety of other clubs. Our clubs are very well run.
I think that my school is pretty good safety-wise. I don't think there's ever been a time where I have feared for my own safety during school, but I know a couple people that have been bullied in more subtle ways.