Options High School is a public, alternative school located in El Paso, TX. It has 119 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-9 Students
- B7 Students
- B-6 Students
- A+5 Students
- A-4 Students
- A+4 Students
- B+4 Students
- A3 Students
- A+3 Students
- A-3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Options High School Reviews
Options high school is the best school to go to for second chances in bettering your grades. This school allows you to get better one on one interactions with your teachers which makes it easier to ask for help and learn more. Options was my back bone and helped further my success by taking dual credit classes.
Coming from a very large campus Options has given me the ability to learn at my own pace and deal with my anxiety. I was very uncomfortable with large crowds and making friends. When I arrived at Options everyone had their own reasons for being there. Including falling behind on work, dropping out of school to work to help their families at home, deaths, surgeries, and even pregnancy. Although all of these reasons are very different from one another each student had no problem in sharing with their fellow classmates. Older students seemed more than happy to be able to tell younger classmen to show them that it is possible to make a comeback and they are not alone. I have seen complete strangers greet one another like family. I am a leader now, and am stronger than ever. I will be eternally grateful for Options High School.
Although at Options a student can spend most of the school year with one teacher, they can travel to others for an elective, subject, or a question. The great thing about this is the student can receive different inputs on a subject. However, they can also see how a students education with having one particular teacher. My current year as a senior, I have had the honor of having a great teacher. She goes above and beyond for her students.Being an online learning campus most of the time the teacher supervises and is there if a student has a question. Mrs. Escobar will use her teaching skills to sit down with the student or give them a lesson one on one to help them. Even when it is not a subject she specializes in she will learn the lessons to help future students. Without a doubt, the best teacher at Options. A teacher who exceeds her obligations and genuinely cares about the quality of education to help her students their future.