Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Options for Youth-Victorville Charter School is a public, charter school located in Victorville, CA. It has 835 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Options for Youth-Victorville Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- D+68 Students
- B-60 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-39 Students
- C+36 Students
- A-36 Students
- A36 Students
- B+30 Students
- B+30 Students
- A30 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Options for Youth-Victorville Charter School
- BExcelsior Charter School
- Victor Valley Union High School District, CA
- 194 reviews
- C+Summit Leadership Academy-High Desert
- Hesperia Unified School District, CA
- 22 reviews
- CAlta Vista Innovation High
- Adelanto Elementary School District, CA
- 3 reviews
- CMojave River Academy
- Oro Grande Elementary School District, CA
- 16 reviews
Options for Youth-Victorville Charter School Reviews
Option is a different type of learning for student giving them a more flexible way to learning for everyone. The teachers are more involved because of small groups and plenty of tutors varying from math to english . Students get to pick a schedual two days a weeks Mon - Thurs from 7:00 to 3:00 for an hour or if you need extra help there are tutors. Options has many opportuines for students to have a "regular highschool experience" like sports, dances, and clubs all free. They also have trips to other countries like China, Coast rica, and Europe all free to the students eligable to go it a year around school giving the students the option to graduate early, I just graduate from options a year early and all the graduation fees were free include cap, gown, 1 free picture, and tickets are free. The school is non-profit so the money goes back into the student giving them the best oppority to get an education with out distractions while giving them the best highschool experience.
It gave me hope when I didn't have much, I recently had come out of an illness that prevented me from going to a regular school and so I went here. they gave me more things than a regular school could and all for free. We have academic field trips to places like Washington DC, Cuba, and Colorado which taught the students so much. I really was moved by how much this school really helped me and it gave me more than an overcrowded public high school would have. The teachers made different plans to help each individual student get to where they needed to be while also developing a relationship with said student at the same time.
This school allows students to work on their school work independently. Students are able to learn on their own pace which allows them to succeed. As a student for two years, I was able to finish my classes quickly, and have only three classes to complete my senior year. Options for Youth gave me opportunities that I wasn’t offered at my old high school. Through the Pathways program that they partner up with, I was able to go on college tours, Washington DC, and Cuba with free of cost. This improved me as a student and a person which is something I am very grateful for.