Opportunities for Learning - Baldwin Park II is a public, charter school located in Pasadena, CA. It has 1,934 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+102 Students
- A-76 Students
- A+71 Students
- B63 Students
- B55 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+53 Students
- A53 Students
- B-50 Students
- A50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Opportunities for Learning - Baldwin Park II Reviews
I do the Online Program for Opportunities for Learning. I've been doing it since I was in the Eighth grade. Before I attended that school, I went to a middle school where the education was bad and the teachers were rude. My 6th-grade math teacher told us that we were all going to be low lives and work at Mcdonald's. Take that, Mr. Hill! Look at where I'm at now! Anyways, I think the best thing about this High School is that the teachers genuinely care about you and your education. I used to be a troubled kid and Opportunities for Learning changed me into the great person I am today. I had the best experience at OFL and I miss it.
Opportunities for Learning was the best experience of my high school career. Without them, I would not have my diploma or would have made the friends I did. Everything from an all-expensed paid trip to Cuba and, many other life-changing experiences have laid the foundation for the success I find in my life today. I love this school!
An excellent independent-study program that allows students to work at their own pace, within reason. There is always one-on-one support available from either teachers or tutors, and the teachers genuinely care about the success of their students. Group and class sizes are smaller than at a traditional high-school, which helps the individual student feel more like an individual, rather than just another number in a system. Due to the nature of the program, students can attend over summer or full-time for credit recovery or to get ahead, as well as graduating early. There are also various college readiness programs, which walk the students through the application process and creates a community of students trying to get into college.