Opelika High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A156 Students
- A98 Students
- A95 Students
- C+91 Students
- B+87 Students
- B76 Students
- B-63 Students
- A-42 Students
- A+35 Students
- C30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Opelika High School Reviews
Review Opelika High School
I love Opelika. The teachers and administrators want to see students achieve. There is a place for everyone at Opelika because it offers so many options for students to participate in advanced academics, extracurricular activities, or athletics. I have wonderful counselors and teachers who make sure that I am putting in my full potential for school. Teachers make sure that I am taking the AP classes that I should and that I am ready for college. As long as I show that I care, the teachers are great and will almost always help me. Staying involved in sports and clubs has made my experience even better because I made friends through those activities. The AP teachers I had taught me valuable lessons that I will take with me to college and apply them to the rest of my life.
There are endless activities to participate in. There are so many that students have a hard time being at all of the activities they are apart of. The honor societies are popular and so is show choir and band. Show choir and band are the biggest organizations in the school. Theatre is also a popular organization to be apart of. Sports are a huge part of Opelika, especially the football team. Extracurricular activities are so much fun at Opelika and are a great way to stay involved in the school and community.
Opelika High is a great school it prepared me for the real world and I think that they did a good job of doing it to. I wish that the school was more than football though. People mainly just go to football games than everything else. We have so much to offer but football gets the most things I guess you can say for the most part. But, other than that I love it here and the teachers are nice to me.