Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Oostburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oostburg, WI. It has 314 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Oostburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+35 Students
- B30 Students
- B28 Students
- B-21 Students
- B17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- A12 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Oostburg High School
- BHowards Grove High School
- Howards Grove School District, WI
- 48 reviews
- A-Plymouth High School
- Plymouth Joint School District, WI
- 111 reviews
- B-Ozaukee High School
- Northern Ozaukee School District, WI
- 26 reviews
- A-Cedar Grove-Belgium High School
- Cedar Grove-Belgium Area School District, WI
- 63 reviews
Oostburg High School Reviews
The teachers here are absolutely amazing! They are passionate about teaching and getting to know their students. Every teacher is more than willing to help students individually which topics the student seems to be struggling with.
Living in a small town, one would figure that the number of opportunities for a high school student would be limited. However, at Oostburg High School, I have many academic opportunities, as well as extracurricular opportunities. In my small school, I am fortunate enough to get to know most people in my class. I know nearly everyone's name in the entire school. I know that I definitely take this for granted, however, I realize that I have built so many friendships because of the small community I am placed in.
This school seems very good on the outside. However, school teachers and administration are more interested in how it looks on paper rather than the reality that is ruining people's lives. For example, teachers care more about dress code standards than the huge drug problem we have at school. They care more about a student being a minute late for class than the girl who was raped and continues to be bullied at school. The teachers are genuinely nice, but naive at best. Additionally, since it is such a small school, many interest areas do not have classes that apply to them.