Onteora High School is a highly rated, public school located in Boiceville, NY. It has 418 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Onteora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B37 Students
- A-26 Students
- B26 Students
- C-26 Students
- A+23 Students
- C+23 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+19 Students
- A+17 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Onteora High School
- BRondout Valley High School
- Rondout Valley Central School District, NY
- 69 reviews
- B-Saugerties Senior High School
- Saugerties Central School District, NY
- 126 reviews
- B-Hunter-Tannersville Middle/High School
- Hunter-Tannersville Central School District, NY
- 34 reviews
- B+Kingston High School
- Kingston City School District, NY
- 222 reviews
Onteora High School Reviews
Even though Onteora is a small rural school in upstate New York,--its graduating class has less than one hundred students--the staff and administration provide an great work environment for all students. Onteora High School has a multitude of Advanced Placement courses with dedicated teachers that make time outside of the classroom for extra help. The students, however varied they may be, are all respectful of one another and offer a safe community for all clubs such as the LGBTQ+ club and the Human Rights club. Onteora students are lucky to have the variety of sports each season that all students may participate in. Onteora, due to its location, does not have much ethnic diversity in the student body; political diversity, however, is seen throughout the school and left wing versus right wing student discussions and debates in classes are always interesting. I am grateful I went to Onteora for my high school career and it has prepared me well for many years to come.
Everyone is nice, some staff have old-school views but everyone is very accepting and positive. When some student's are being bullied they are quick to act, but too blunt in their actions. Teachers are fun to be around and are willing and able to help.
Onteora is a nice school. There's only a few things that I could think to change. The food isn't bad (there's a salad bar!), the water's good, and if you like sports you'll absolutely love it here. Our music program is also really good, but I may be biased.