Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Ontario High School is an above average, public school located in Mansfield, OH. It has 557 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Ontario High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+123 Students
- grade B minus60 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade A minus52 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade B minus49 Students
- grade A minus47 Students
- grade B minus46 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade B minus35 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Athletic events56%
- Pep rallies6%
- Spirit Week6%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,304 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Ontario High School
- grade B minusClinton-Massie High School
- Clinton-Massie Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 126 reviews
- grade BMt. Gilead High School
- Mount Gilead Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 27 reviews
- grade C+Col Crawford High School
- Colonel Crawford Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 64 reviews
- grade C+Clear Fork High School
- Clear Fork Valley Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 89 reviews
Ontario High School Reviews
Rating 3.68 out of 5 98 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
During my time at Ontario I was able to get a great education! Teachers push students for greatness and help mold students into independent individuals. The class sizes my not be small but teachers seem to care about each student that come into their classroom. The only things that I am not impressed with at the school is how it encourages popularity contest as well as not have the best diversity in the school. Being a black student there, I didn't like that I was being treated differently then some other students. There was no black person on staff which kind of concerned me but I didn't think to much of it at the time. That was until I was being bullied and pushed out of friend groups. I tried to talk to a teacher about it but they simply dismissed it. That's why I am giving the school a 3 out of 5.
I really enjoyed my experience at Ontario High school! I found it to be an overall very kind school. It has great academics and so many opportunities for college readiness. We had many opportunities to take “skills for life” courses that prepared us for adulthood. Diversity was limited because our community is not very diverse.
I love how Ontario High School gives students opportunities to find what they enjoy doing. For example, marching band and auxiliaries, swimming, wrestling, soccer, football, track etc. We also have academic challenge and science club as well as a key club that gives students volunteer opportunities. One thing I would change though is the lunch. I wish our school put a little more thought and time into our lunches because it seems like all the workers do is take food and microwave it. The importance of nutrition is important too, when almost half of the entire cafeteria is eating fries all day. There are so many things to look forward to at my school though, but the school could be a little more organized. People should be happy to have a swimming pool and a weight room at our school, not everyone is given the opportunity.