Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesD-
Onsted Community High School is a public school located in Onsted, MI. It has 436 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A88 Students
- B-71 Students
- B70 Students
- A+70 Students
- C-62 Students
- B+59 Students
- B+53 Students
- B-51 Students
- B-43 Students
- C+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Onsted Community High School
- B-Columbia Central High School
- Columbia School District, MI
- 97 reviews
- B+Tecumseh High School
- Tecumseh Public Schools, MI
- 141 reviews
- C+Sand Creek High School
- Sand Creek Community Schools, MI
- 53 reviews
- BClinton High School
- Clinton Community Schools, MI
- 130 reviews
Onsted Community High School Reviews
Personally, I feel that some teachers care more about how test scores turn out to reflect well on them, but at the expense of the students mental health. Overall, I feel that the staff is well rounded and genuinely good people. I would like to see the funding for the arts and sports be more equal but hey, it's a small town so I'm not expecting too much out of the school when it comes to that one.
I moved to Onsted High School my freshman year in high school. I was nervous to be going to a brand new school. However, after one day at Onsted High School, I felt as though I was home. Everyone was so kind. I was not able to sit alone at lunch because everyone would ask me to come sit with them, and if I declined, they would simply come sit with me. I have never been to a school where it seemed like everyone was friends.
Not alot of course selection. If you really want something out ur education go to tech. But overall the atmosphere is so depressing. That's what you get with a high school that has 450 students.