Onsted Community High School is a public school located in Onsted, MI. It has 492 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Onsted Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A74 Students
- B-62 Students
- A+62 Students
- C-57 Students
- B56 Students
- B+52 Students
- C+50 Students
- B+41 Students
- C+38 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Onsted Community High School
- BColumbia Central High School
- Columbia School District, MI
- 85 reviews
- B+Tecumseh High School
- Tecumseh Public Schools, MI
- 135 reviews
- C+Sand Creek High School
- Sand Creek Community Schools, MI
- 53 reviews
- BClinton High School
- Clinton Community Schools, MI
- 123 reviews
Onsted Community High School Reviews
I moved to Onsted High School my freshman year in high school. I was nervous to be going to a brand new school. However, after one day at Onsted High School, I felt as though I was home. Everyone was so kind. I was not able to sit alone at lunch because everyone would ask me to come sit with them, and if I declined, they would simply come sit with me. I have never been to a school where it seemed like everyone was friends.
Through my 11 and a half years at Onsted Community Schools thus far, I have enjoyed every second. With a little over a half a year left, I have realized how much every teacher has valued my education, especially at Onsted High School. I feel as if I am able to walk into college feeling prepared for whatever it has to throw at me. My teachers from freshman year through the end of my senior year have stated that I can email them at anytime throughout my college career. Even after when I am looking for a job that will use my degree, it pays to have wonderful connections with the staff at Onsted High School. This makes me feel like I am valued as a student, and that is exactly what this school has to offer, tight knit supportive people.
Was great at making friends but not at caring to every student not just sports. The school can get all new update spots equipment but not new books or computers that freeze every 10 minutes. But overall it is a great school, to get an education and maintain a social life.