Oneonta Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Oneonta, NY. It has 496 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Oneonta Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B59 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+34 Students
- A32 Students
- A31 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+27 Students
- A25 Students
- B+22 Students
- A-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Oneonta Senior High School
- B-Unatego Junior/Senior High School
- Otego-Unadilla Central School District, NY
- 16 reviews
- B-Delaware Academy High School
- Delaware Academy Central School District at Delhi, NY
- 22 reviews
- B+Cooperstown Junior/Senior High School
- Cooperstown Central School District, NY
- 22 reviews
- B-Morris Central School
- Morris Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 20 reviews
Oneonta Senior High School Reviews
I, personally, had a fantastic experience at high school and I owe it, almost entirely, to the teachers. In every academic field, I had a fantastic teacher, and I still regularly use knowledge I gained from Oneonta Senior High School in everyday life. Unfortunately, the high school was inadequately funded, and it could be seen in the depletion of the arts and music, over time. I'm thankful to have been exposed to adequate education in spite of Oneonta being so small and underfunded. I respect the teachers' passions for teaching and if it wasn't for those brilliant teachers, I would not have developed such a passion for learning. I would love to see improvements in the quality of the facilities and, perhaps, the food.
I for the most part despised my time spent at this school. The teachers are a toss-up, few are great while some are just horrendous( in intelligence, attitude, planing. and general skill of teaching). The building is not aesthetically pleasing, just painted bricks, it attempts to redeem itself by the courtyard encircled by the building, but it's just as dreary as the rest. Often throughout my experiences opportunities were taken away from me and regardless of any mention this received no acknowledgement putting me at a general disadvantage, especially now as i attempt to enter college.
I've had a really great experience at the school, and I would definitely do it again. There are some overbearing parents, but mostly the parents are supportive of students (their own and others). One of my favorite things about the school is how much parents are involved in extracurricular activities. Every year my SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) chapter holds a 5K run in which parents and other community members participate in a health fair and then later run the race. We often have over 1,000 participants, and most of them are parents of students at the school. It is a really positive and well controlled environment for both students and parents alike.