Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Onalaska Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Onalaska, TX. It has 467 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Onalaska Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B98 Students
- A+69 Students
- B-56 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+46 Students
- C+41 Students
- A-36 Students
- A34 Students
- A+31 Students
- B26 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Onalaska Junior/Senior High School
- B-Livingston High School
- Livingston Independent School District, TX
- 131 reviews
- C+Trinity High School
- Trinity Independent School District, TX
- 45 reviews
- BGroveton Junior/Senior High School
- Groveton Independent School District, TX
- 15 reviews
- BLeggett High School
- Leggett Independent School District, TX
- 8 reviews
Onalaska Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I've gone to Onalaska schools my whole life, so I may be a little biased when I say that I love this school district. From my experience, the teachers and very fair and truly care about the well-being of their students. They're always there for before and after school tutorials for the students that are struggling and I really appreciate that because I've definitely had my struggles in the past (mainly chemistry). We have a pretty good sports program as well, we may not make it super deep in the playoff every year, but we sure do make true friendships and connections that will last a lifetime. Overall I would completely recommend Onalaska ISD for anyone who wants to have a 10/10 academic experience.
My experience in Onalaska Junior/Senior High School has been amazing and eventful. They include every student in activities and continue to make sure not one kid is left out. We're ranked one of the best schools around, and we continue to pursue that award. I would love to see our numbers grow. It's my senior year, and I would love for my younger brothers to experience even more. Even though our school isn't viewed as big, we still raise the bars and grow together.
My experience with the school has been very good. I have no complaints against the school, we grow every day because people are starting to realize just how good are school really is.