Onalaska High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+68 Students
- A-57 Students
- A+49 Students
- B37 Students
- B+34 Students
- B+21 Students
- B19 Students
- B+17 Students
- A16 Students
- A15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Onalaska High School Reviews
Review Onalaska High School
Onalaska High School is a blue ribbon school and provides a great environment for learning and innovation. I very much enjoy the variety of classes and out of school resources for class help that is available. I would like to see certain things change in the sense of social change. By that I mean that there should be a program for suicidal students, there should be a crackdown on drugs, a change in how mentally challenged students are taught, the repealment of common core standards, and a gun that should be kept in the principals office in case of a school shooter.
The school has a wide variety of extracurrriculat opprotunities. From dancing and singing to football or track. Our school supports and runs a show choir, LGBTQ club, art club, spanish club, FBLA, NHS, football, basketball, volley ball, track, cross country, softball, and any other club/sport imaginable. Each and every club requirers different amount of commitment. Track requires everyday commitment, whereas clubs that are done for fun (art club) don't require as much time so less stress is given to the artist. The most popular clubs are show choir and band which take about half of the student body.
Overall, this high school is a very good. We have recieved the blue ribbon award, and have a high percentage of students taking, as well as passing, AP classes. The teachers at OHS make it why we are the school that we are. Not only do they reach out to every student in need, they make sure they doing everything in their power, and exhaust every resource to help the student. The teachers here at OHS care about us students and it shows. The scheduling process is easy and every student gets what classes they want a majority of the time. The workload depends on the student, but the student has been properly prepared by the teachers to handle such intense workloads. The school realizes and even address the intense workload that they have a blocked shedule every Wednesday and Thursday and give the option of a study at the end of the day for the students.