Onalaska High School is a highly rated, public school located in Onalaska, WI. It has 893 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Onalaska High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+77 Students
- A-63 Students
- A+62 Students
- B44 Students
- B+39 Students
- B+26 Students
- B24 Students
- A18 Students
- B+18 Students
- A15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Onalaska High School Reviews
Felt safe going to school, wide variety of AP courses offered and great opportunities for extracurricular activities. Our graduating class had 1.2 million in scholarships in a class of 180. High achieving, parental involvement.
Onalaska High School is a blue ribbon school and provides a great environment for learning and innovation. I very much enjoy the variety of classes and out of school resources for class help that is available. I would like to see certain things change in the sense of social change. By that I mean that there should be a program for suicidal students, there should be a crackdown on drugs, a change in how mentally challenged students are taught, the repealment of common core standards, and a gun that should be kept in the principals office in case of a school shooter.
The school has a wide variety of extracurrriculat opprotunities. From dancing and singing to football or track. Our school supports and runs a show choir, LGBTQ club, art club, spanish club, FBLA, NHS, football, basketball, volley ball, track, cross country, softball, and any other club/sport imaginable. Each and every club requirers different amount of commitment. Track requires everyday commitment, whereas clubs that are done for fun (art club) don't require as much time so less stress is given to the artist. The most popular clubs are show choir and band which take about half of the student body.