Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Onalaska High School is a highly rated, public school located in Onalaska, WI. It has 934 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Onalaska High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+136 Students
- A+110 Students
- A-91 Students
- B+55 Students
- B54 Students
- B39 Students
- B38 Students
- A31 Students
- B+25 Students
- A20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Onalaska High School Reviews
The academic rigor at Onalaska High School really encourages students to try their best in all subjects. Support from teachers and faculty is a big help in preparing students for college courses and achieving any academic goals a student might have. Our counselors are able to offer many opportunities for students to volunteer, job shadow, and even take college classes in order to give students a clear picture of what they want to do before they choose their major. Although some of our extra curricular programs are in need of a revamp, our show choir, basketball, football, and dance team programs are a great way to meet new people and still be within a competitive atmosphere.
We moved from another state just before my kids' junior and senior years. Onalaska staff and faculty made my children's transitions much easier and helped them feel welcome. We were especially impressed by the resources and teachers they have for students with special needs. Our son, who is on the autism spectrum, although very high functioning, grew more in one year at OHS than he did in 3 years at his previous high school.
Many classes offered. Not a small town type of school, but its relatively safe and offers many different classes and resources. Counslers are great (we have 3) plus we have a therapy dog!