Olympia High School is an above average, public school located in Stanford, IL. It has 529 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+86 Students
- B-55 Students
- A+35 Students
- A-21 Students
- A-18 Students
- B17 Students
- B-15 Students
- B15 Students
- B12 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Olympia High School
- B-Delavan High School
- Delavan Community Unit School District No. 703, IL
- 10 reviews
- BHeyworth Junior/Senior High School
- Heyworth Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 48 reviews
- B+Tremont High School
- Tremont Community Unit School District No. 702, IL
- 38 reviews
- B+Dee-Mack High School
- Deer Creek-Mackinaw Community Unit School District No. 701, IL
- 23 reviews
Olympia High School Reviews
Olympia High School is home to many teachers who are focused on individualizing each student's learning experience. Olympia has also provided each student with a chromebook to take every advantage offered by technology to advance education. However, in an effort to progress education, Olympia has adopted Standards Based Grading (SBG) and eliminated the use of a traditional grading system (A-F). The swift implementation has resulted in some confusion regarding a student's grades and what is necessary to achieve the best grade. There are also multiple activities and athletics for students to be involved in which include musical, social, intellectual, and physical options. Of course, if students wish to establish their own club, they are encouraged to do so.
Going to Olympia has been one of the most life-changing experiences for me. Being born from a different country, the teachers and staff along with the students have been very generous and kind. I have learned and experienced so many things I never thought I would. Olympia has taught me to come out of my comfort zone and try new things. I love how they are always trying to make every student involved, even if they aren’t in a sport or extra curricular activity. They teachers are always eager to help and teach everyday inside and outside of the school. My experiences at Olympia have been amazing and I wouldn’t want to change it any other way.
Olympia High School is constantly making improvements to the school and the facilities. They have made our school a better place to learn by keeping up to date with the technology and grading systems. The connections among the teachers, staff, and fellow students is what you want to see in a school. Overall, Olympia High School has a great atmosphere, good place to learn, and prepare for college.