Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Old Saybrook Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Old Saybrook, CT. It has 437 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Old Saybrook Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A112 Students
- B48 Students
- B-41 Students
- B37 Students
- A+36 Students
- B33 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-30 Students
- A+27 Students
- B25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Old Saybrook Senior High School
- B+Westbrook High School
- Westbrook School District, CT
- 56 reviews
- BNathan Hale-Ray High School
- East Haddam School District, CT
- 117 reviews
- A-Haddam-Killingworth High School
- Regional School District No. 17, CT
- 145 reviews
- B+Southold Junior/Senior High School
- Southold Union Free School District, NY
- 62 reviews
Old Saybrook Senior High School Reviews
Old Saybrook Senior High School is filled with different learning opportunities; it allows students to dive deeper within their passions, and work on their weaknesses. The teachers inspire their students to do their best by demonstrating support beyond the necessary. In the three years, I have attended, I have not only gained more knowledge in educational classes but have also learned the importance of leadership and empathy through their care and class assemblies. Old Saybrook High School creates an environment that allows students to individually grow their character and knowledge while also introducing them to the challenges of the future.
I believe that Old Saybrook Highschool presents a safe and caring environment for all students and teachers. All the teachers are very nice, helpful, and caring. Growing up in a small town has allowed everyone to feel safe and connected. Our school provides a great education for all, and we do many fun activities. One thing that I would change is to add more classes concerning medicine for students who are interested in the medical field in the near future.
Old Saybrook High School is a very organized and structured Connecticut High School. It has a small student population which makes interaction with teachers and administrators very personal and you get to know everyone in your grade. Classes are small and are useful for college and after school activities are easy to find for any type of student. Sports and athletics are cared about and all teachers are respectful and knowledgeable individuals. Only thing I would change would for there to be better lunches and more college readiness courses directly applied to business and financial classes.