Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Old Rochester Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mattapoisett, MA. It has 775 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Old Rochester Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A178 Students
- B+93 Students
- A+92 Students
- A-89 Students
- B-85 Students
- B83 Students
- C+79 Students
- B69 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+58 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Old Rochester Regional High School
- B+Apponequet Regional High School
- Freetown-Lakeville Regional School District, MA
- 116 reviews
- A-Falmouth High School
- Falmouth Public Schools, MA
- 142 reviews
- A-Dartmouth High School
- Dartmouth Public Schools, MA
- 177 reviews
- BPlymouth South High School
- Plymouth Public Schools, MA
- 175 reviews
Old Rochester Regional High School Reviews
ORR, as we call it, is definitely a great school! There is a wide range of Academics offered, all the way from AP Chemistry to AP Art or even AP Psychology. There is a ton of "elective" classes that you can take, such as Philosophy and Architectural Engineering. The teachers are all dedicated to what they are doing, and the students go on to a wide range of universities (recents include Tufts, Georgetown, and Boston University). Outside of school, there is a club for everyone, including the GSA, Latin Club, ESports, Knitting Club, and more. Our sports are highly ranked, they include Cross Country, Golf, Football, Sailing, Baseball, and many more. The school itself contains around 800 students from similar backgrounds, as well as School Choice students and foreign exchange students. Our band and arts programs are excellent as well. Our theater program is probably the most popular club and is also excellent. The school is clean, in a good area, and has resources for everyone.
I had a good experience at old Rochester until the rules became so strict. By my senior year we weren’t able to have our phones on us at all, backpacks weren’t allowed, being in hallways during class was very limited. This ruined the experience for me personally. Besides that the athletics program was amazing and was the best part about the school. I also felt that almost all teachers genuinely cared about the success of their students!
Overall I think Old Rochester is a great school if you are looking to pursue higher education after graduation. The academics are very on-par with (if not better than) private schools in our area, and many of the teachers are passionate alumni from prestigious institutions who really do go above and beyond to help their students succeed. There are a myriad of clubs available to join, and the principal makes it very easy for students to establish new ones if they so desire. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because those who choose to join the military or pursue a trade after highschool instead of college tend to be looked down upon. There are not as many resources for those students who don't want/are unable to pursue a college degree, and the guidance department tends to focus mainly on valedictorians and legacy children while leaving others to struggle through a large chunk of the college process on their own.