Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Old Fort High School is an above average, public school located in Tiffin, OH. It has 332 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Old Fort High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B25 Students
- B20 Students
- B18 Students
- C+16 Students
- A-15 Students
- B-14 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-12 Students
- A-11 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Old Fort High School
- B-Lakota High School
- Lakota Local School District (Risingsun), OH
- 33 reviews
- B-Gibsonburg High School
- Gibsonburg Exempted Village School District, OH
- 26 reviews
- B-Clyde High School
- Clyde-Green Springs Exempted Village School District, OH
- 91 reviews
- B-Hopewell-Loudon Local High School
- Hopewell-Loudon Local School District, OH
- 36 reviews
Old Fort High School Reviews
Old Fort High school is an extremely small school that's located in an even smaller community. The school may not offer every sport/extra-curricular activity, but they do offer just about everything else. I can honestly say that I have had the same opportunities that the surrounding schools in the same district have. The teachers are kind and very approachable. Every staff and board member wants to see each and every student succeed. The only area in the school that I would like to see improve is the sports. The sports the school offers are great and are full of talented athletes. However, the number of sports offered are slim. Because it is such a small school, they do not have the funds to build facilities that are required for other sports to participate in.
I liked Old Fort high school because its a small school. Growing up in a small school gives you many opportunities to get to know everyone and ultimately create a family. Old Fort is known for its immense support from the community. Whether its sports or musical there is always a crowd. I am lucky enough to be apart of this. Not only do our students grow together but our teachers help guide us through the difficulties of life. Our principal, guidance counselor, and many teachers continue to amaze me with heir involvement in students lives. Old Fort is definitely small but together we have accomplished many things. However great Old Fort is, I would like to see more diversity in our school. It would be nice to see many different types of cultures and see the viewpoints of others. High school is hard but I'm glad I had the chance to go to school at Old Fort. It has given me lifelong memories and lessons I'll never forget.
Old Fort High School has changed me. Before I came to Old Fort I was a shy girl struggling with my grades. I wasn't receiving the help I needed and on top of that I was being bullied by my upper classmates. My mom made the decision to transfer me to another school. This was the best decision she has ever made. Old Fort was a shock. My graduating class only has 21 students compared to my previous school of 250. The first thing I did was meet my amazing counselor Mrs. King. We sat down and scheduled my classes and also a path to get my grades up. She then introduced me to my now best friend. The teachers spent time after and before school to help me they took time out of their day to help me achieve. The teachers care about you personally and how you're doing. They are understanding and very thoughtful. The students, teachers, and even the community has tremendous school spirit. Transferring to Old Fort was the best decision for my life and I am forever grateful to be able to go to such a great school.