Old Bridge High School is a highly rated, public school located in Matawan, NJ. It has 2,817 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Old Bridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A513 Students
- B250 Students
- B221 Students
- A-217 Students
- A-190 Students
- B-180 Students
- B176 Students
- A+162 Students
- A+157 Students
- B+139 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.54 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.54 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.86 responses
Schools like Old Bridge High School
- AMatawan Regional High School
- Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District, NJ
- 182 reviews
- AHightstown High School
- East Windsor Regional School District, NJ
- 261 reviews
- B+New Dorp High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 31, NY
- 286 reviews
- ARed Bank Regional High School
- Public School
- Little Silver, NJ
- 242 reviews
Old Bridge High School Reviews
I am happy with the education, teachers and administrators, however I feel music arts should be bigger. More instrument lessons etc other then that safety and compassion! Go Knights!
My experience in Old Bridge High School was fantastic. Yes, every school has positives and negatives to it. Old Bridge High School is small for the amount of students who attend there, but the students make it work, as well as the teachers. The community is well structured and works together to accomplish goals. The teachers are warm, friendly, and always there in the times of need when I needed to talk to someone. It is astonishing how every student knows one another because the high school has 3,000 plus students attending it. I cannot complain about Old Bridge High School because I learned and challenged myself to see what I was capable of. When Old Bridge High School puts its mind to something, we obtain our goals; there is no and or but. Yes, the school is overwhelming because the hallways are overcrowded, but when you are in a community so big, it becomes a family. You never feel as if the day is dragging on. Truth is, the school passes by because you are having fun.
I transferred to Old Bridge High my junior year and I loved it. So many new, friendly faces. The teachers were all amazing, you could tell they love their jobs and really want to see their students succeed. There were so many extra curricular activities and clubs for the students to join and every week there would be something to look forward to for entertainment during AND after school. One of my personal favorites is Battle of the Classes! And what enjoyable year for seniors with things such as homecoming, the Disney senior trip, PROM which was BEAUTIFUL and Graduation which was so exciting, heart warming and memorable. Makes so much sense that they are a National School of Character, because they do everything to make their students happy.