Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Okoboji High School is an above average, public school located in Milford, IA. It has 289 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Okoboji High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+36 Students
- grade A34 Students
- grade A24 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade B minus13 Students
- grade B minus10 Students
- grade B10 Students
- grade B+9 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Speech Public Performance25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,567 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Okoboji High School
- grade B+Spirit Lake High School
- Spirit Lake Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 85 reviews
- grade B minusSpencer High School
- Spencer Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 60 reviews
- grade C+Harris-Lake Park High School
- Harris-Lake Park Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.25 out of 5 12 reviews
Okoboji High School Reviews
Rating 4.21 out of 5 33 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Okoboji is a great school. I’ve enjoyed my 4 years there especially the music department. We’ve had excellent band teachers that have taken us to state every year!
There are a few teachers that I really liked and a couple that I had struggled with. My running coaches were great! I felt like I could go to them with the good or the bad and they would either celebrate with me or help me if I needed it. I feel that there could be a little more guidance when having issues with online college classes.
Services provided at Okoboji are fairly poor. The counselor here does not reach out to students in need. Okoboji has a "College and Career" program which is meant to help prepare students for the future, and it doesn't fulfill that promise remotely. Overall, the staff at Okoboji is good and most teachers are nice people.