Okemos High School is a top rated, public school located in Okemos, MI. It has 1,267 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Okemos High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A308 Students
- A+253 Students
- B+79 Students
- B63 Students
- B+52 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+34 Students
- A-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Okemos High School
- AEast Lansing High School
- East Lansing School District, MI
- 187 reviews
- AHaslett High School
- Haslett Public Schools, MI
- 207 reviews
- A-Williamston High School
- Williamston Community Schools, MI
- 145 reviews
- A-DeWitt High School
- Dewitt Public Schools, MI
- 158 reviews
Okemos High School Reviews
My boys have attended Okemos public schools for the past eight years and now exude increased confidence and competence in their academic abilities and future educational endeavors. The okemos teachers and staff have always gone above and beyond for my children and I highly recommend this school district. They have a rigorous curriculum and such a positive, diverse, and supportive school culture. I am so happy that we made the decision to move to Okemos!
I really enjoyed my time at Okemos High School! Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. There was always something happening and I felt that people really were engaged in life at the school. Almost of the all teachers I had you could tell they really were passionate about what they were teaching. Okemos has a lot of APs so that's nice. I took AP US history , AP World History, and AP government and ended up with 11 credits of AP towards college!
The teachers at this school, for the most part, are phenomenal. They truly care about the students and force their students to at least learn something (except the English department, they need some help except for two teachers). However, the administration does an awful job of keeping school morale high, especially with an athletic director who only cares if you're basketball, football, or winning. Some students, including myself, feel like they're trapped inside a prison, especially with bare walls maintained by the principal's policy of no posters in the hallway. Everyone raves over the school because of how good at is, but it's only good if you're smart, rich, or popular to be honest.