Okeechobee High School is a public school located in Okeechobee, FL. It has 1,750 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Okeechobee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C237 Students
- A+191 Students
- A-184 Students
- A137 Students
- B118 Students
- A113 Students
- B+112 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+80 Students
- B68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Okeechobee High School Reviews
I like Okeechobee High School because it isn’t too big. You pretty much know everyone. Although, there isn’t much diversity. I would like to see better lunch happening. I believe a full stomach is a major way to receive good grades. The teachers, for the most part, are really caring. But there are teachers who quit in the middle of the year and leave the students stuck with a permanent Substitute that knows nothing about the subject they are “teaching”. The administration are wonderful! They really do care about their students, faculty, & staff. They make sure you feel safe, secure, & uplifted.
Okeechobee High School makes sure to create a family atmosphere. All of the staff make sure that the students are giving their all. They all believe that the student body has a exceptional amount of potential. There are many ways to get involved, such as, clubs, band, sports, and many more. Being a student there who was involved in clubs and sports, I can honestly say that I had the best high school experience. This high schools has a lot of events that I haven't heard about other schools having!
Okeechobee High School has a very supportive environment to learn in while also being a place you can be yourself, but getting the answers to academic questions you may have is a whole other story. Sometimes you get caught in a continuous cycle of faculty telling you to ask someone else because they are unsure or don’t know. This makes it difficult to know what you should be doing for college readiness, scholarships, and what classes are best to take.