Okeechobee High School
- OKEECHOBEE, FL
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Okeechobee High School is a public school located in OKEECHOBEE, FL. It has 1,743 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Okeechobee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+255 Students
- grade A+222 Students
- grade A219 Students
- grade A161 Students
- grade B+139 Students
- grade A137 Students
- grade B+136 Students
- grade A+114 Students
- grade B+89 Students
- grade B87 Students
View Homes Near Okeechobee High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responses
- Bonfire/Homecoming Pep Rally42%
- Graduation, Senior Night21%
- Pep rallies17%
- Spirit Week13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,787 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 28 responses
Okeechobee High School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 156 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I would like to say that my experience here in the very least has been excellent. I have been involved in a few of their many clubs they offer. When it comes to college readiness, Okeechobee High School is at the top of their game, making sure that every student gets to work toward the road to college, whether its concordant scores or whether it is just prepping them with the proper skills in math, reading, and sciences. The biggest experience of my time here would have to be in CTE. Okeechobee High School offers several of these courses that get students ready for the workforce. Nursing Assisting, construction, and Computer technology are some of the most popular courses. Okeechobee High school offers many AP courses as well as Dual Enrollement right on Campus. This school does not tolerate any form of bullying and is nondiscriminatory towards any students. I can also say that as a student here at Okeechobee High School, that I always feel safe.
Attending the Okeechobee campus was a very pleasant experience. The majority of the faculty was nice and welcoming. The pep rallies were rememberable and fun. The amount of pride that everyone had was amazing. The thing that I loved the most was when the principal, Mr. Tedders came on the announcements day after day and pushed everyone to reached their goals. He was a man all about preserving. I was homeschooled in Middle School and wasn't looking forward to going to High School. I can honestly say because of everyone there, my whole perspective changed. Of course, nobody likes homework and the typical school stress but the faculty made my High School experience so memorable.
This school is really an amazing school. I have had all really good teachers who gave their best while teaching. Some things I did not like to well was the bad lunch, it was always cold or never tasted good. Also this year being my senior year it sucks not because the school but because of Covid-19 it has taken anything good that we would have had in school. Other then that this school is amazing I do believe there are better schools in the world but for a small town this school is the best.