Okaw Valley High School is a public school located in Bethany, IL. It has 169 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Okaw Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B30 Students
- B19 Students
- A+19 Students
- B+17 Students
- B-13 Students
- B10 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Okaw Valley High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Okaw Valley High School
- B-Cerro Gordo Jr & Sr High School
- Cerro Gordo Community Unit School District No. 100, IL
- 21 reviews
- B-Sullivan High School
- Sullivan Community Unit School District No. 300, IL
- 24 reviews
- B-Windsor Junior/Senior High School
- Windsor Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 17 reviews
- BMeridian High School
- Meridian Community Unit School District No. 15, IL
- 24 reviews
Okaw Valley High School Reviews
The best part of attending Okaw Valley was, hands-down, the interaction with the staff. The teachers and administration never failed to make you feel like you were cared for, or that help was available whenever you should need it.
I moved to Okaw Valley High School going into my Junior year of high school. Okaw Valley High School has helped me receive some of the best experiences encouraging fun, future plans, career opportunities, and a community oriented family. Mr. Matthew Shoaff, the principal here at Okaw Valley, is the best principal around in this area. He not only advises us and encourages ALL of his students to get their work done, but he actually helps students achieve their tasks as well. Mr. Shoaff truly cares for his staff member, students, and his community here in Bethany, IL.
The staff at my school work with what they are given and with what they have patience for. Our school is not funded as much as other schools so we are not completely updated in technology and our students do not have the best of respect for the teachers and that makes them irritable sometimes and other times they are approachable and easy to talk to. I love the teachers here but they do have their faults and some allow students to control the classroom instead of themselves which is bad in some occasions. Punishment is not gave out as much as it should be as well so the school itself is pretty lax.