Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Ogallala High School is a public school located in Ogallala, NE. It has 286 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Ogallala High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+58 Students
- A-53 Students
- C+24 Students
- B24 Students
- B+22 Students
- A-18 Students
- B18 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Ogallala High School Reviews
Ogallala High school is good, but there are too many students that are transferring in. This makes it harder for teachers to keep up. When I was a freshman my largest class was 18 people and now my largest class is 27 people. There is also a problem with students not listening because the teachers don't enforce the rules enough. We recently had to ban water bottles unless they were clear because there was a problem with students bringing 'bad things' to school.
I had a great time at Ogallala High School. The students and staff were very kind to me. The sports were my favorite part. There are pretty great sports teams here and the coaches are excellent. There is a great variety of classes that are offered. Many sciences, technology, arts, and writing classes.
Even though I had a pretty great experience at Ogallala High School, there are definitely a few things I would work on. I think that disciplinary action isn't always taken seriously here and that both teachers and students get away with more than they should.