Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Odessa High School is a public school located in Odessa, MO. It has 608 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Odessa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B114 Students
- A-79 Students
- B58 Students
- B52 Students
- NG36 Students
- B+31 Students
- C30 Students
- C+27 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Odessa High School
- B-Lafayette County High School
- Lafayette County C-I School District, MO
- 32 reviews
- B-Oak Grove High School
- Oak Grove R-VI School District, MO
- 65 reviews
- B-Crest Ridge High School
- Johnson County R-VII School District, MO
- 27 reviews
- B+Grain Valley High School
- Grain Valley R-V School District, MO
- 142 reviews
Odessa High School Reviews
Odessa school district has been home for the past thirteen years. There is something for everyone whether that may be a sport or club. I believe teaching is so much more than standing in front of a class lecturing, it is also connecting with your students, teaching life lessons, and wanting to see them succeed. All of which are qualities our teachers acquire. Regarding college readiness, Odessa high school has two amazing counselors that are constantly running. They keep us up to date on scholarships and other important information. My only suggestion is that maybe there could be an optional semester class that is "life after high school". It would Intel tedious information from, you don't have to wait till you're a senior to fill out scholarships to individually laying out options if things don't go as planned. In conclusion, Odessa has everything that you can't force like a community that comes together as a family in times of need and happiness.
My experience at Odessa High School has honestly been a very good one. It is not the richest district. It is not the most advanced district. But it is by and large one of the most friendly, welcoming, and supporting districts. Never once did I feel that I didn't have the support of the faculty/ school when attending. It does lack some technology, as well as certain elements found in richer Urban schools, (i.e. IB Classes, every student gets a laptop, etc), but it still provides a quality and satisfying education to it's students which it holds so dear. I'm proud to say I ever attended.
The teachers are amazing, but the district is too afraid of parents to enforce rules. I was punched once and I was basically told to suck it up and not bother my attacker again. That said, the advanced classes are the perfect mixture of challenging and fun and you will learn a lot. The school also values extracurriculars very highly.