Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepNG
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Odessa Career & Technical Early College High School is a highly rated, public school located in Odessa, TX. It has 319 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Odessa Career & Technical Early College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A-13 Students
- B+11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- A+9 Students
- B+8 Students
- A8 Students
- A-8 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Odessa Career & Technical Early College High School Reviews
The overall experience was great. I feel that the teacher actual care about us, and our experience their. We has some inconsistencies with our staff so it would take some time for them to understand how we are. We always had lots of school activities to parttake in, such as dance club, student council, and robotics clubs. I personally partook in yearbook club and got the opportunity to capture of school year in pictures. Every club teacher was ran by a teacher how actually enjoyed the activities in the school itself. We may be a small school but we have a lot of love for one of each other care about what we do in and out of school.
I love my school, as the teachers and staff are very involved. My only issue is the lack of electives we have. We don't have many options that express our personal interests and talents. Instead, we are thrown into classes that are simply there to fill in our schedule. There is no room for personal choice. We all take the same classes eventually, which causes a poor attitude amongst students. Despite this, we have amazing teachers that run many fun activities we students enjoy. It really is a great school that simply needs more support in expanding.
My experience here was very stressful, but I would like to think that due to the fact that we as senior are the pioneers of the school. Everything was a bit rough in the first years because the school was just starting out. At times, I do wish I was able to go to a regular high school and wish I could've experienced that life. The THRILL which is not as bad as it sounds. I just mean that although the spirit to succeed here at OCTECHS is great, nothing BIG happens. I'll never get to experience a football game or pep rally, I'll never be able to continue my fourth year in choir, and I'll never be able to run for court. With all these sacrifices I made coming into this school. I still like the small environment here, everyone knows each other and you connect with your teachers. OCTECHS is a great school, I lost the chance to experience going to high school, but the things I was offered isn't something everyone else could get. I was one out of a hundred chosen and that makes me happy.