OCVTS - Performing Arts Academy is an above average, public school located in Lakehurst, NJ. It has 274 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 39 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehur
Lakehurst, NJ 08733
OCVTS - Performing Arts Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+55 Students
- A36 Students
- B-31 Students
- B+30 Students
- B29 Students
- A+26 Students
- B+22 Students
- A20 Students
- C+19 Students
- A19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like OCVTS - Performing Arts Academy
- B-Brick Township Memorial High School
- Brick Township Public School District, NJ
- 290 reviews
- B+Toms River High School South
- Toms River Regional School District, NJ
- 221 reviews
- B+New Egypt High School
- Plumsted Township School District, NJ
- 69 reviews
- B-Lacey Township High School
- Lacey Township School District, NJ
- 149 reviews
OCVTS - Performing Arts Academy Reviews
As a current PAA student, I can say my experience has been excellent! My school is open minded, welcoming and supportive. As a small school, you get to know everyone in your class and become close with them. I've found so many friends through PAA and a huge support system. The teachers always encourage creativity and I have been given so many opportunities as a performer that I wouldn't get at a normal high school.
Having the opportunity to attend the OCVTS Performing Arts Academy has prepared me in ways I never thought it would. When I first applied to PAA, I was excited to have the chance to sing for a class period everyday, but I had no idea that I would become so prepared for my future career beyond high school. Attending PAA has been a dream and a half. I have been given the opportunity to not only pursue a passion of singing everyday, but also prepare myself for a future outside of the Performing Arts field. Attending an OCVTS school was one of the best decisions of my life, and I believe that it has bettered me and prepared my fully for my transition into college and into the adult world. Thank you, OCVTS.
As a current senior acting major at PAA, I can say with honesty that the past four years have been filled with everlasting friendships, inspiration, passion, and a stellar arts education. Through my four years here, not only have I learned aspects of my major such as acting for theatre, film, directing, playwriting and improvisation, I have also been able to take classes in vocal, dance and audio technology, something that not every high school offers to students and am so grateful for experiencing. I feel completely comfortable walking down the hallways of PAA because the school is so diverse, creative, and free of judgement Being that PAA is a small school, I have grown close with everyone in my class We have frequent events that I love participating in such as the fall drama, spring musical, International Thespian Society, One Act Festival, Techfest, black box players shows, and my favorite, open mic lunch cafes.