Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Octorara Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Atglen, PA. It has 1,119 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Octorara Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B76 Students
- A+75 Students
- A-61 Students
- A51 Students
- B45 Students
- A-42 Students
- C+40 Students
- A+40 Students
- B34 Students
- B-26 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Octorara Area Junior/Senior High School
- B+Pequea Valley High School
- Pequea Valley School District, PA
- 120 reviews
- C+Solanco High School
- Solanco School District, PA
- 98 reviews
- B-Oxford Area High School
- Oxford Area School District, PA
- 307 reviews
- BGarden Spot Senior High School
- Eastern Lancaster County School District, PA
- 157 reviews
Octorara Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Octorara Highschool is full of opportunities. It has great teachers and the low class size means you will be acknowledged and helped through any problems. It also means the sense of community there is tight knit especially within the many clubs, ranging from art, academics, language, business. You wont feel left out! there is also an amazing technology and trade aspect to the school, perfect for any aspiring tradesman. The tech teachers are all masters in their field and have real world experience to provide you with a head start in your college or workplace. Like anything else it is what you make of it, if you work hard you will achieve great things.
Safe and nurturing academic environment that supports student success! Teachers take special interesting in the futures of the students. The niche agriculture program is stellar! Whether college, trade school, or apprenticeship bound, students are afforded only the best opportunities to grow and flourish!
Octorara is a very small and average school. It does not stand out as much as the other schools that surround it. But its students, faculty, and parents’ involvement definitely stands out. Octorara’s mascot is a Brave. And the word is an acronym that stands for Bold, Responsible, Ambitious, Virtuous, Energetic, and Selfless. These words describe all of our community.