Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Oconto High School is a public school located in Oconto, WI. It has 282 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Oconto High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-25 Students
- B17 Students
- B+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-11 Students
- B11 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
- A8 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Oconto High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Oconto High School Reviews
Oconto High School may be small, but it offers its students a variety of courses. Advanced Placement and Early College Credit options are also a huge benefit, considering the academic and financial advantages these provide students planning to pursue a college education. Tech Ed classes give those kids who are interested in a career in the automotive, woodworking, or welding fields a chance to explore their interests and talents in these areas. The teachers and coaches care about students at OHS. It is a safe place to go to school!
I’ve been in oconto my entire life and the sexism is unreal at the high school. I’ve heard male teachers tell female students that they should consider nursing when they express an interest in being a surgeon or a physician and I’ve experienced male teachers tell me I should explore other options when I expressed an interest in engineering. These teachers then do the exact opposite with the male students. There was a student in one of my core academic courses who expressed an interest in nursing and the male teacher told him to go into something more serious and leave those jobs to the women. Comments like these are wildly degrading and discouraging for young women at the school, and even though some men may assume they’re being funny, it’s very offensive and not appropriate for an educator. Additionally, the school focuses too much on athletics instead of academics which is extremely frustrating. It gets more than one star though because I do like some teachers.
Overall my experience at Oconto High School, has been great. The teachers, do all they can to make sure you understand what is being taught, and that you don't have any questions. Although, the school lunch is not the best, the students are allowed to use the microwaves in the cafeteria, and there is also open-campus, which allows students to leave during lunch, but must return back to school after lunch. I have been very pleased with my schooling at Oconto High School.