Oconomowoc High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oconomowoc, WI. It has 1,654 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Oconomowoc High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+230 Students
- B146 Students
- A+106 Students
- A-98 Students
- B+95 Students
- A-74 Students
- B68 Students
- B58 Students
- B48 Students
- B+47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Oconomowoc High School
- A-Hartford High School
- Public School
- Hartford, WI
- 216 reviews
- A-Mukwonago High School
- Mukwonago School District, WI
- 233 reviews
- B+Watertown High School
- Watertown Unified School District, WI
- 73 reviews
- AKettle Moraine High School
- Kettle Moraine School District, WI
- 209 reviews
Oconomowoc High School Reviews
Dr. Moylan as principal was a wonderful experience. He did a fantastic job of making sure there was equality between sports, arts, and education. After experiencing his wonderful personality on the Communication Retreat, it helped me to better understand his stances at this school. He is resilient when it comes to his decisions and that has made a positive impact. Being in the band program, I appreciated how the teachers helped me to advance my skill level and learn so much in such a short time. I advanced from mid-level band to upper-level band with the help of my instructors. Private lessons helped me in learning my instrument better, therefore improving my performance. The teachers are always eager to assist in their students' education and make sure that they are given the help they need to succeed.
From a student's perspective, I loved my OHS experience. The school needed and still needs policy improvement, yes, but as one who was eager to learn and prep for college, Oconomowoc High School was the most supportive environment in the region. OHS boasts countless AP and IB courses for all students, service groups like National Honors Society and German Honors Society, focus on the tech fields through trades courses and the Project Lead the Way program, a thriving theater program earning the school countless Tommy Awards, and expert teachers and staff who are typically willing to help each person succeed to the best of their abilities, not just to the best of their standards.
My experience at Oconomowoc has been an absolute wonderful one. The past four years have opened me up to so many opportunities, academically, socially and athletically. The staff is supportive and encouraging, and the student body is constantly supporting one another. Overall, I can say I never would've wanted to get my high school education anywhere else!