Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepNG
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Oceanside Collegiate Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in Mount Pleasant, SC. It has 521 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 30 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Oceanside Collegiate Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A30 Students
- B+25 Students
- A18 Students
- B11 Students
- A-11 Students
- C+10 Students
- A8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B7 Students
- A+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Oceanside Collegiate Academy Reviews
The school itself is still growing and getting bigger each year, but the community is amazing. Everybody knows everybody and everybody loves everybody! The academics are great! They challenge you but don’t make you dread doing schoolwork. Everything in the classrooms is very straight to the point. There’s no fooling around, students are there to go to class, get their schoolwork done, and then go to their sports practice. The school holds academics and athletics at the same importance, the goal is to produce student athletes that will already be used to a packed schedule like the ones a college athlete would have. The sports administration watches all athlete’s grades to make sure no one is struggling or falling behind on their schoolwork. Teachers offer tutoring and students often tutor other students as well. They school is great, I have loved attending Oceanside and I cannot wait to graduate from an amazing school!
Oceanside is not like any other school. It is a public charter school run by the state, not everyone can go to Oceanside. Our school capacity is 800. You enter in a lottery and students get picked randomly, if you are already enrolled into the school, your sibling will automatically be enrolled. The purpose of Oceanside is to graduate with college credits up to your Associates degree. Our slogan is "It's not college prep, it's college" We follow a college curriculum, so each student only goes to school up to four hours a day. Also Oceanside is a sports based school, there are no arts at Oceanside so almost everyone that goes to Oceanside is an athlete. The faculty at Oceanside was like no other, they care. I will go and talk to any teacher or administrator and feel comfortable enough to talk to them about what I am personally going on with in life. Oceanside is family.
I love the program, I really appreciate the chance to obtain college credits. It can be aggravating sometimes how Trident Technical College has so much say in our curriculum. There are pros and cons, it can be stressful but it will definitely make college easier for me. I wish OCA was more spacious. They are lacking space right now and needing to have teachers share classrooms. There are a few classes that where quit interesting, like Psychology, Macroeconomics, Theatre, and Math. It is annoying however, that every year they change the available classes to take. So sometimes I miss out on some really cool topics. Like in a few years they are supposedly adding a weight-lifting class, which would be cool and helpful to get me in better shape. I'm also missing out on the new Athletic fields were getting in a year or two. Which I would love to practice on. I love the school overall, it is sad however I can not experience so much more.