Ocean Township High School is an above average, public school located in Oakhurst, NJ. It has 1,123 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Ocean Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A215 Students
- B128 Students
- B111 Students
- A+107 Students
- B98 Students
- A-95 Students
- A89 Students
- C+85 Students
- A+64 Students
- A-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Ocean Township High School
- B+Monmouth Regional High School
- Public School
- Tinton Falls, NJ
- 134 reviews
- BJackson Liberty High School
- Jackson Township School District, NJ
- 172 reviews
- A-Henry Hudson Regional School
- Public School
- Highlands, NJ
- 63 reviews
- B-Long Branch High School
- Long Branch Public School District, NJ
- 117 reviews
Ocean Township High School Reviews
Ocean Township is a very interesting school. Most of the teachers are amazing, the security guards are super nice and friendly, and the guidence department is very welcoming. However, like all schools, we have faults. For us it is that only two bathrooms are open at a time. The school is so worried about kids smoking on the premises that they forget about something much more important: hygiene. By only allowing students to use two out of the dozen bathrooms in the school, students are forces to use unsanitary facilities.
At Ocean Township High School there are many opportunities that they offer in order to see their students succeed, not only in high school, but in life. Firstly, the SSOBF, or Spartan School of Business and Finance, offers a great chance for students to earn college credits in high school. Also, they have opened many other sub-schools such as technology and visual and performing arts that can attract students from every niche.
This high school, I think, is a good school because it makes the students to be involve with activities and clubs. The teachers and the facilities are always there to support and help their students, either relate to school or not. The teachers there try to find a way to help their students succeed. I also believe that they should put more college readiness or college related work in class.