Ocean Township High School is an above average, public school located in Oakhurst, NJ. It has 1,146 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Ocean Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A170 Students
- B108 Students
- A+92 Students
- B84 Students
- B83 Students
- A-81 Students
- A73 Students
- C+68 Students
- A+57 Students
- A-52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Ocean Township High School
- B+Monmouth Regional High School
- Public School
- Tinton Falls, NJ
- 120 reviews
- BJackson Liberty High School
- Jackson Township School District, NJ
- 156 reviews
- A-Henry Hudson Regional School
- Public School
- Highlands, NJ
- 57 reviews
- B-Long Branch High School
- Long Branch Public School District, NJ
- 108 reviews
Ocean Township High School Reviews
The school is located in a very good area. There are tons of sports, clubs, and activities to participate in. Ocean Township High School has a very welcoming feeling and gives students equal opportunities to advance their educational career. They could prepare students better for SAT prep and college essays. Financial literacy should also be taught senior year not freshmen year of high school.
Overall a nice school. Most teachers are passionate about their job and really care about theirs students. However, the food that they serve in the cafeteria is horrible. My friend found mold in the chicken TWICE! It’s very unhealthy and the salads are always freezing cold.
Awesome school spirit. Most teachers cared about you personally. Most kids feel entitled. Love my core group of friends!