Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Ocean City High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ocean City, NJ. It has 1,245 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Ocean City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B173 Students
- A162 Students
- B+146 Students
- A123 Students
- A-103 Students
- A+90 Students
- A-86 Students
- B79 Students
- A-73 Students
- C68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Ocean City High School
- AMainland Regional High School
- Public School
- Linwood, NJ
- 367 reviews
- BCape May County Technical High School
- Public School
- Cape May Court House, NJ
- 125 reviews
- A-Absegami High School
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District, NJ
- 396 reviews
- AEgg Harbor Township High School
- Egg Harbor Township School District, NJ
- 403 reviews
Ocean City High School Reviews
I love OCHS. I'm so grateful that I'm able to have such an amazing education. My school is exceptional in almost every category applicable. I feel like all my classes challenge me to my best abilities, I have made lifelong friends, and it will always hold a special place in my heart!
The school is literally located right alongside the beautiful ocean. During lunch, students are allowed to go outside & enjoy the air. Additionally, sometimes for gym class students ride bikes on the boardwalk! The school is very safe. Local officers are ALWAYS in the school & security guards make sure only students enter. The teachers are always their for the students.
Ocean City High School is an overall great school for students preparing for a college education. Most teachers offer their best when it comes to teaching the material and educating the minds of every student. However, the school administration oftentimes creates policies that hinder students. Recent policies such as the school library being closed in the beginning of the lunch period, limitations on access to the bathrooms, and etc.