Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
O'Bryant School of Math & Science is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Roxbury, MA. It has 1,535 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
O'Bryant School of Math & Science Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B344 Students
- A+341 Students
- A330 Students
- A+272 Students
- A+211 Students
- B+184 Students
- A+160 Students
- B147 Students
- B-133 Students
- B130 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 122 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
O'Bryant School of Math & Science Reviews
The majority of the teachers are good and great, however, there is a handful (like every school) that has teachers who can't teach very well or at least are unable to help students fully grasp the content. I found great friends at O'Bryant and the biggest reason I choose this school was because of how diverse, Asians, Whites, African Americans, Muslims, and so many ethnicities!
As a student who has attended OB since the 7th grade, most of my middle school and high school experience was at the O'Bryant. The O'Bryant prepares you for your post-secondary education whether that may be at a 4-year institution or a different career pathway. The O'Bryant does an amazing job of challenging their students through honors classes, AP programs, and opportunities to take a college course at many of the community colleges around Boston. The O'Bryant also does a great job of providing opportunities to get real-life experiences through partnerships with Boston PIC and has a great athletic department with very talented athletes.
I feel I have had a very good experience at this school and I would definitely like to thank them for molding me into the person I am today. I came in this shy, nervous kid and I have learned independence and confidence. I have learned how important education is, and that in the real world, every little babying occurs. Thank you John D. O'Bryant!