Obion County Central High School is a public school located in Troy, TN. It has 886 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 13% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Obion County Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B190 Students
- A-77 Students
- B56 Students
- C48 Students
- B44 Students
- B43 Students
- A+41 Students
- B-37 Students
- A-35 Students
- C-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Obion County Central High School Reviews
Obion County Central High School is an excellent school. I have really enjoyed my 4 years here. I've made memories and friends that will last a lifetime! I am an A-B student, 4 year varsity football player and 2 year co-ed cheerleader. Sports has played an important role in my high school years. They helped me make friends, understand the true meaning of teamwork, and the importance of a leadership role. The teachers and coaches at OCCHS are exceptional! They push you to strive to be your best with encouraging words and they are always there to help or just listen. I will carry what I've learned these 4 years with me forever and I know I have a bright and promising future because of everyone at Obion County Central!
Obion County Central High School does not push your student very far! Some teachers tell the children the bare minimum to pass. It is an average school with average children and teachers. There is nothing special or unique about this school and its atmosphere.
I would like to change the lack of school spirit and lower the bullying rate. Also, some of the staff do a poor job at teaching/ administrating, etc. I do like the fact that freshmen have their own hallways and that there are so many club affiliations inside of OCCHS.