Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Oberlin High School is an above average, public school located in Oberlin, OH. It has 290 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Oberlin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-65 Students
- A+38 Students
- B36 Students
- B35 Students
- B-31 Students
- C31 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+26 Students
- B-25 Students
- A-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Oberlin High School
- BElyria High School
- Elyria City School District, OH
- 243 reviews
- BClearview High School
- Clearview Local School District, OH
- 73 reviews
- B-Brookside High School
- Sheffield-Sheffield Lake City School District, OH
- 84 reviews
- B+Marion L. Steele High School
- Amherst Exempted Village School District, OH
- 237 reviews
Oberlin High School Reviews
It’s a really good school for academics, the teachers and administrators are amazing. However, it is a really small school because of the town’s population, and that is really difficult sometimes. The students can be terrible, especially to each other, and there is a lot of petty drama. And the sports really aren’t that great. However, you do have a lot of opportunities, you can get an IB diploma, go to a local community college to take college courses for college credit, and attend the JVS. Or a combination of the three. Overall, it’s a good school with a lot of great people and opportunities, just be careful who you are friends with. I have made some amazing connections and memories that I really appreciate.
I liked the college and career readiness opportunities. The Ninde and the JOG Programs were especially helpful to all students regardless of the students future. I disliked however, the school's general agenda of pushing students to college and into the IB progrem. I feel like the majority of students are underrepresented at Oberlin High School and don't receive equal opportunities regarding post high school life.
Discipline could be a little tighter...otherwise great! The IB program offers a rigorous challenge, and there are great intervention programs as well.