O'Bannon High School is a public school located in Greenville, MS. It has 412 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 20% in reading.
O'Bannon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-64 Students
- B-59 Students
- B-55 Students
- C+54 Students
- B+53 Students
- B-47 Students
- C47 Students
- C+38 Students
- A-38 Students
- C+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
O'Bannon High School Reviews
O'Bannon High School did not prepare me for college at all. I depended solely on my OWN resources, with only a hand-full of teachers who actually care. They seem to prioritize sports before academics; and they show favoritism to athletes. There is no up-to-date technology, with barely-functioning computers and fragile books. The lunch is absolutely garbage. I've witnessed the lunch ladies commit disgusting acts with my own eyes. The food is always either under-cooked or over-cooked, with the serving size for a one-year-old. The administration creates the most ridiculous rules and chooses when to "enforce" them. The bathrooms are unsanitary; ironically, the janitors hate doing their job. I would strongly recommend anyone to NOT come to O'Bannon High School, unless they are prepared to rely on themselves for a quality education.
My experience at this school has been great. I've been at O'bannon since kindergarten and now I'm about to graduate in a few more months. It's a great school to go to but sometimes the work and just going there is a little boring. I wish the school could be more fun. We need different activities to do and maybe that will help most kids and they would love to come to school.
I came to O'Bannon in the middle of my eighth grade year. It was tough changing schools in the middle of the year. I had to leave my friends and leave people that I was used to. Im also different because have to wear longer skirts than the rest of the children because of my beliefs. I thought that they would not accept me and my sister but they did. And now I'm glad that we go there now because I have made new friends and I love most of my teachers.